The food we eat today is nowhere near as healthy or nutritious as it was some years ago. Continuing soil depletion is sapping nutrients from both fruits and vegetables that we buy from the supermarket.
In some studies, taking natural health supplements may provide everything that the regular diet might not be able to provide.
If we want to live long and healthy lives, it's essential that we obtain the proper nutrients and vitamins from our meals. But more and more often, we fail to get what we need from our food. It's not our fault as shoppers: these items just don't provide the nutritional value that they used to.
The solution doesn't have to be complicated. Using natural health supplements is a great way to combat nutritional depletion. Such supplements can help us to live fulfilling and healthy lives. Read on for more information.
How Soil Depletion Works
Soil depletion is defined as the removal of nutrients and the biological diversity of an organism due to improper practices. Farmers and the food industry have managed to find ways to produce larger, longer-lasting fruits and vegetables.
But these chemical and biological advances have come at the price of the nutritional value of our food. Alarmingly, the overall nutritional health of our soil has been declining rapidly over the past few decades.
As soil weakness due to poor human practices, the products grown in that soil fail to grow with the same mineral and vitamin make-up. And then we humans suffer as a result. We are failing to get the proper intake that we need from our meals.
We can't avoid industrial agriculture due to the large populations most of us live within. But we must take proper nutrition and care into our own hands.
Simple Ways To Up Your Nutrient Intake
How Natural Health Supplements Works
- CHOOSE ORGANIC FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. Organic foods are high in micronutrients but lower in pesticides.
- SWITCH TO ORGANIC MEAT AND DAIRY. According to the study of New Castle University, organic meat and dairy contains 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than conventionally produced products.
- GO FOR SEASONAL PRODUCE. Nutrient level of seasonal fruits and veggies are higher, they are also tastier and fresher.
- FREEZE FRUITS AND VEGGIES.
Freezing fruits and vegetables may retain the nutrients, and it is the best way to preserve it.
- START EATING WHOLE FOODS. Whole food is considered nutrient dense, that means it contains a lot of nutrients and minerals beneficial for health improvements.
- TAKE NATURAL HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS. Due to soil depletion, the nutrition value of fruits and vegetables compromised. Taking herbal supplements can help insufficiencies of some lacking nutrients and minerals.
Natural health supplements serve as a solution to the problem of soil depletion. Supplements come most commonly in a pill form and provide an extra dose of certain vitamins and minerals. This helps to make up for a lack of these same vitamins and minerals in our everyday food.
Supplements can't be used as a replacement for food items, which also provide a number of antioxidants and other important nutrients. But they can help to fill gaps or holes in increasingly dire looking diets.
WHICH NATURAL NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS SHOULD TAKE
Natural health supplements come in many different types and forms. Study found that sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and copper were all significantly lacking in our fruit and vegetables, so any supplement should include these essential minerals. Some common supplements are;
- FISH OIL
- VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTS
All of these varieties come in pill form and help to prove necessary minerals your body may be lacking.
Working these supplements into our daily routines can be hugely beneficial to our health. Alongside a balanced diet, they can provide the kind of healthy nutritional system we need to be at our strongest and best.
Living Our Healthiest Lives
The world is rapidly changing. While there have been many advances that have made human life better, there are also new challenges that threaten our health.
Soil depletion is one of them. Getting familiar with natural health supplements can be an essential way to combat this new problem.
How do you plan to battle this serious issue? Let us know in the comments or reach out directly to share your plan.
yourvitamins and minerals through diet." Harvard Health Publishing, 30 April 2018, https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/getting-your-vitamins-and-minerals-through-diet
- Yang, Sarah. "Human
securityat risk as depletion of soil accelerates, scientists warn." Berkely News, 7 May 2015, https://news.berkeley.edu/2015/05/07/soil-depletion-human-security/
- "Study finds clear differences between organic and non-organic products." Newcastle University, 26 Feb.2016, https://www.ncl.ac.uk/press/articles/archive/2016/02/organicandnon-organicmilkandmeat/
- Lyne, James W. "Are Depleted Soils Causing a Reduction in the Mineral Content Of Food Crops?" Department Of Soil Science, University of Wisconsin, https://soils.wisc.edu/facstaff/barak/poster_gallery/minneapolis2000a/
Share the knowledge