It is easy to get stuck on the couch watching Netflix or Hulu. There are so many interesting shows and you don't have to wait from one week to the next. The problem is that an excessive amount of TV does not equate to an active lifestyle.
Don't get bent out of shape. I don't want to take your favorite shows away from you. What I want to do is help you understand the importance of physical exercise and why it's a must for a healthy life.
Continue reading this article to learn the benefits of an active lifestyle.
Why You Need an Active Lifestyle
Living an active lifestyle is important to stay healthy. It can benefit you physically and mentally. In fact, regular physical activity can improve cognitive function. Especially to those people who are experiencing mental health problems.
That means people who are physically active and have adequate exercise can live longer than those who are not active.
What Are The Benefits Of An Active Lifestyle
Improve your mood. Exercise can make you feel energetic, but aside from that it could also make you feel happier. When you exercise your body releases a chemical called endorphins. The endorphins target the positive feelings and pushes away negativity. That is why exercise is a good form of therapy for those people who are suffering from depression and anxiety.
- Boost your energy level. According to the researchers, 20 minutes of low to moderate exercise can increase the level of energy. So it helps you to do your daily activities easily and feeling less fatigue. It can help you achieve quality sleep at night too.
- Maintain healthy weight. One of the most famous benefit of active lifestyle is it can control your body weight. The more you exercise the more calories you burn in a day.
- Improved your muscle and bone health. The fastest way to improve bone density is to exercise. For example, climbing, tennis, running, and walking are the best bone building exercises. Muscle training can ensure healthy function in the years to come.
- Promotes healthy skin. Another benefit of living an active lifestyle is it can make your skin glow and healthy. Sweating during exercise release toxins in our body. Perspiration promotes blood circulation allows oxygen and nutrients nourish skin cells.
- Prevents chronic diseases. Regular exercise lower the risk of several chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer and even Type 2 diabetes.
Road To Active Lifestyle
You don't have to become a gym rat to get physical exercise. The best thing to do is to get exercise doing something that you enjoy doing.
Get Your Routine Going
Whether you've decided to walk, run, bike, swim or some other activity, you need to be consistent with your activity.
Your activity or lack of activity will compound over time and a routine will help get you into the rhythm which will make it easier to keep going. Once you incorporate your new activities into your lifestyle and create a habit, you've completed the most difficult task.
Detox Through Sweating
Develop your love to sweat. If you think sweating is gross and you do everything you can to keep from sweating, you're robbing yourself of a good detox.
Exercise is a great way to work up a sweat and burn calories. Some people also like to use saunas to start the sweating process. If you don't have a sauna sitting around then you might opt for a brisk walk instead.
Don't think that physical activity and getting a good sweat on is going to zap all of your energy. When you exercise, you usually feel more energetic than you did before beginning.
Release the Stress - Release the Pounds
The more stress you feel, the more likely it is that you're going to hold onto extra weight. When you exercise, you are able to not only burn calories but to also release stress physical activity.
When you think of exercise as a way to release stress and tension, it is often more enjoyable than when you're exercising to lose weight. While we might not see the weight loss immediately, we will be able to notice a decrease in stress quickly.
If you find it difficult to exercise, you can distract yourself while exercising to make the time go faster. You might watch TV while riding the exercise bike. Or you might listen to music while you're on your morning walk.
Don't Leave Your Health to Chance
An active lifestyle and great health aren't going to happen by chance. You have to make a plan to get healthy and stay healthy.
I am committed to helping you live a life of vibrant health so you can feel beautiful and energetic. Read my article about planning your health today to learn more.
Share the knowledge:
- Koblin, John. "How Much Do We Love TV? Let Us Count The Ways", The New York Times, 30 June 2016, https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/business/media/nielsen-survey-media-viewing.html
- Larkin, Elizabeth. "5 Steps to Create a Personalized Daily Routine." the spruce, 26 Oct. 20, https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-create-a-daily-routine-2648007
- Dr. Mercola. " Yes, You Do Out Toxins", MERCOLA Take Control Of Your Health, 30 May 2018, https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2018/05/30/sweating-out-toxins.aspx